The website is maintained by Oxford Hash House Harriers (OH3). For the purposes of data protection legislation, OH3 is the data controller.
OH3 is the owner of https://oxfordhashhouseharriers.wordpress.com and we are committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under the Data Protection Legislation.
Information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, Hash name (when used), email address, postal address and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our website, online and via paper forms
- Information you voluntarily provide to us when you apply to become a member of OH3 (e.g. date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number(s))
- Information you voluntarily provide to us when you enter an event organised by us (e.g. date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number(s))
- Your participation in and results of any events you take place in organised by us
- Your IP address (which is a unique identifier that computers and devices use to identify and communicate with each other) which is automatically recognised by the web server
How we use your information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- Training and event entry
- To notify you about Hashing and Social Events
- To share data with club officials to administer events
- To share data with facility providers to manage access to club facilities or check delivery standards
- Membership and club management
- Processing of membership forms and payments
- Share data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events
- Publishing of Hash and event results and reports on paper and online
- Website management (including the use of your IP address to monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviours of visitors to our website. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way)
- To deal with your requests and enquiries
- To contact you for reasons related to your enquiry
Our legal bases for processing your information
We will process your Data on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
- To enable us to carry out necessary administration relating to your membership of OH3 and the related operation of OH3 as a Hashing club
- To enable us to carry out necessary administration relating to, and operate, Hashes and events you enter, organised by OH3
- To enable us to provide relevant and necessary information via email, text or post to you about your membership of OH3 and/or Hashes and events you enter, organised by OH3
- Monitor use and conduct analytics on our website
We will NOT share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
OH3 may also share your personal information with the police and/or other law enforcement agencies for the purposes of crime prevention or detection. If we disclose your information, we will ask the organisation to demonstrate that the data will assist in the prevention or detection of crime only when OH3 is legally obliged to disclose it. This is done on a strictly case by case basis and through a tightly controlled process to ensure we comply with data protection legislation.
Protecting your information
Service and marketing messages
If you are currently receiving service messages or marketing communications from OH3 and no longer wish to do so, please let us know by contacting us via the website.
Finding out what information OH3 holds about you
We only record information necessary to run the club. This includes membership details, contact details and your participation in our events. Under the data protection legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact us via the website.Welcome to Oxford Hash House Harriers
Any personally identifiable data that we collect from you can be deleted upon written request. However, we are not able to delete the contents of emails already sent out to other mailing list subscribers.
In this section you will find information on what cookies may be set when you visit the OH3 website and how to manage and information about how to disable them.
What are cookies?
Automatically collected access information
- Essential technical information: identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
- Non-essential technical information: The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website, and the “cookie information” described below.
By continuing to use this site you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that remain in the internet browser’s folder of your computer until you close the browser. Our website uses a session cookie which is stored in your browser until you close it to ensure connections to our servers are distributed evenly to provide optimal performance.
- Persistent/Permanent cookies – these remain in the internet browser’s folder of your computer for longer than the time you are visiting this website.
These cookies are used by Google specifically for Google Analytics for traffic monitoring purposes. For more information on Google’s use of your information, please visit the Google Privacy and Data Sharing pages.
The cookies we use for these purposes do not track your Internet usage after leaving our website and we do not store your personal information. They will also not be used in connection with any other information to identify you in any way.
Can I opt out of cookies?
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality or degrade your experience when using website.
For information on how to manage cookies on a mobile phone, games console or internet-enabled television, you should refer to the operations manual specific to each device. To opt out of any third-parties using cookies where data about your interaction with our website is collected, please refer to their website for this information.